Romeo and Juliet Gypsy/Runa Boogaloo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's a date!

2 posters

Go down

It's a date! Empty It's a date!

Post by Filippa Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:51 pm

Filippa looked up at the wooden sign hanging above her, and then down at the paper in her hands. “Daphne and Josephine’s Museum for the Bold and Brave” they both read. This must be the place! She looked to her left and to her right, no Metztli in sight yet. But she’d be here soon, she’s always so punctual!

Filippa glanced in the museum window at her own reflection and frowned. She definitely looked like someone who hadn’t been out of the caravan in days, with her ratty hair, drab clothing, and dirty fingernails. Her hands brushed through her hair and picked at her nails frantically, but it didn’t look to do too much. With a sigh, she plopped onto a bench so conveniently placed outside the museum. This will be okay. Metztli seemed to like her even when she was messy.

Filippa
Admin

Back to top Go down

It's a date! Empty Re: It's a date!

Post by Metztli Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:32 pm

Metztli walked briskly up the path to the museum. She'd been here once before, on a day off when she had been on the Isles. It was a quaint little place, with a cafe in the back where the two old ladies would serve snacks.

She looked up to see Filippa sitting on the bench, and her heart leapt with joy. She felt her face crack into a grin and she hurried faster towards the building. She waved. "Hey Filippa!" She's so beautiful! She ran up to Filippa and leant down to kiss her on the forehead. "I missed you! I'm so glad to see you!"

Metztli
Admin

https://strawberryswing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Filippa Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:39 pm

“I missed you too!” said Filippa, standing up. The sight of Metztli made her feel ten times lighter than she had for the entire past week.
“Dis place is so cute! Well, I mean, from what I’ve seen so far—which is isn’t very much. I just got here maybe a minute ago, but I’m so excited! It’s kind of tucked away, not exactly what I was expecting, you know? Not that I know what I was expecting-- and that it would much matter if I did have some expectation!” She took a breath and grinned. “But it makes it MYSTERIOUS, doesn’t it! Like a little treasure.”

Filippa’s hand wrapped around Metztli’s and squeezed it tight.

“…You know, I don’t think I’ve ever been to a museum. Do we knock?”

Filippa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metztli Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:53 am

"Well, it should be open now, so I think we can just walk in." Metztli pulled Filippa excitedly towards the door and pushed it open, happily squeezing her hand back.

"Why hello there, come in!" An old woman's voice called out. Metztli walked in.

The building was decently sized, all wooden and well-lit, with high windows pouring dappled sunlight into the room. Two old women sat at a table near the door, having a morning cup of... well, it sure looked like that disgusting horse milk that Temur liked so much.

"Hello there," one of them said again. "Welcome to our museum! Come look at all the artifacts we have collected throughout our raiding years!" She grinned crookedly at her partner. "Of which there were many, eh, Josephine?"

"Oh yes," said Josephine. "Many, many years. I'm sure you'll find our collection quite interesting! Now, we have information cards posted on each artifact, but if you cannot read, I'm sure one of us could get up and tell you what they're about."

Metztli eyed their dubious drink. "I think we will be fine, thank you for the offer!"

"Good," Daphne cackled, downing another shot. "We'll be here if you need anything, but these old bones don't want to wander. Now, there is no fee, but a donation is always accepted."

Metztli dug into her pouch quickly and tossed them a silver. "Ooh, a silver! That'll keep us going for a while, much appreciated."

Metztli glanced at Filippa and smiled. "Where do you want to start?"

Metztli
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Filippa Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:38 pm

Filippa, after taking in the sight of the two peculiar women- clearly an exhibit of their own- looked around the room.
“Umm, I’m not sure. Oooh, wait, let’s start there!” she said, pointing to a large display shimmering on the wall to their right.

The display contained all sorts of small trinkets, from charms to necklaces, pocket knives to pocket books. They ranged from artfully plain fabrics to glided and jeweled masterpieces. There was one piece in particular, a small silver cast ring with tiny gems and gold flower inlay, that had caught Filippa’s eye.

She put her nose practically next to it.
“Isn’t that so tiny and beautiful? It’s as dainty as an actual flower!” She looked up to Metztli. “What do you like here?”

Filippa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metztli Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:24 pm

Metztli watched Filippa happily. She's so precious! Seeing her so excited about the artifacts made her fill with joy.

"Almost as tiny and beautiful as you," she replied, then half cocked a grin. Wow, that was corny. She felt her face flush a little, and looked around quickly to pretend she wasn't embarrassed. "Um... I like the notebook over there." She pointed to a highly detailed leather notebook with jewels inlayed into the cover, the swirls of the leather making an elaborate scene depicting a Xheng farm, complete with field workers and farm animals. "It just looks so peaceful." She tried not to think of where the journal came from.

"Oh that!" Josephine called out. "Some farmer gave it to us when we passed through Xheng. Lovely little book." Metztli gave a near silent sigh of relief. "It is!" she said, then turned back to Filippa.

"It would be nice to have a farm, I think, or something out of the way and safe, anyway." She would hate it, why did you say that! It would tie her down. You really need to stop saying things like that.

Metztli
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Filippa Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:18 pm

Filippa approached the notebook slowly, ready to inspect.  Finally, here it was, something that Metztli liked!  She took in the pastoral scene, the pretty gems, the fine craftsmanship.  So this is the sort of thing she likes- something well done, subdued, and calming!  Good to know…

Filippa spoke up after a moment of research.  “It is so beautiful.  It’s amazing what people can make, isn’t it.  How did that just come from a piece of leather?!”

As she stood up, she linked arms with Metztli.

“Dat would be so fun, having a farm!  Well, probably busy, but nice too.  I used to help my cousin Alfonso with our caravan’s goats ALL of the time.  They are just so funny!  I remember we used to get into all sorts of trouble with them- goats are naturally mischievous!  And they just are this perfect balance of dumb and smart, and so much personality.  My favorite one was  Moma, even though she was definitely a clothes-eater”  She looked to meet Metztli’s eyes.
“As a Legati, I feel a deep communion with pack animals, you know?” she said in the deepest, faux-serious voice she could manage, before dissolving into a childish grin.

“Who else should we put in our farm, Metztli?”

Filippa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metztli Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:40 pm

Metztli melted when Filippa met her eyes. "Aha... goats would be fun! Mischievous like you, hah." She blushed. "Um... horses are nice. And a cow. Or two. For milk?"

WIP

Metztli
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum