Romeo and Juliet Gypsy/Runa Boogaloo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Go On a Date!

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Let's Go On a Date! Empty Let's Go On a Date!

Post by Filippa Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:31 pm

“Okay, we are almost there now, I promise!”

Filippa held tightly onto Metztli’s hand, leading her deeper into the woods. It was morning, with the fog and dew from the night still lingered on the forest floor, but it made the scene all the more mystical. Today was going to be a perfect day, thought the little Legati, as she watched the sun beam through the trees like the stained glass of a temple. Filippa looked back, beaming at her scarf-blindfolded companion.

“There’s a little step here, right in front of you, and- that’s it- and some branches up here!”
Filippa swiped away branches as she walked, with a skip in her step. She was excited, perhaps even more excited than the opening night of the Eleven Spirits, and was finding it hard to contain herself.

“I can’t wait-we are almost there- you will love it-- Are you doing okay -Do you want me to slow down??”

Filippa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Let's Go On a Date! Empty Re: Let's Go On a Date!

Post by Metztli Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:04 am

Metztli stumbled over a rock, holding tight to Filippa's fingers. She wasn't a huge fan of the blindfold - how could she protect Filippa if something attacked them? - but she trusted her to lead her safely. "This is fine, but I wish I could see...!" She felt the brush of the branches swinging back as Filippa led her through the woods. She hid a grin as she heard the happiness in Filippa's voice and wanted desperately to take the scarf off to see.

She tripped over a root and laughed quietly. "Yes, actually, could we slow down a little? Or maybe I could just see?" She reached up to touch the edge of the blindfold. This is adorable, but it sure seems like a lot more effort than it needs to be.

Metztli
Admin

https://strawberryswing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Filippa Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:31 pm

“Too late!” came her voice from a few steps ahead.
Metztli felt Filippa’s hand slip away from hers and move to the back of her head.  Little fingers ran through her hair before beginning to fiddle with the knotted scarf.   They stopped, the band loosened, and Filippa gently pressed her lips against Metzli’s neck before speaking again.
“I found this place last moon while off on a mission- I just knew you’d like it too!”
With a jingle, she stepped forward, taking the blindfold with her.
“Ta-da!!!”
In front of the two of them stood a tiny grove in the woods covered in patchwork clusters of wildflowers or all sorts of gentle colors.

Filippa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metztli Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:51 pm

Metztli, blushing from the feel of Filippa's lips on her neck, opened her eyes. "Oh!"

The ground was covered in tiny flowers, light playing gently through the trees. A warm breeze made the branches sway above. Lilting notes of birdsong wafted through the air, undisturbed by their presence. Beyond that, quiet.

Most of all, though, was Filippa, bright and alive and excited, her eye sparkling. Metztli felt her heart skip a beat. "It's... beautiful." It was. But more than the scenery was the beautiful girl in front of her. Metztli took a step forward and reached for Filippa's hand, walking past into the flowers and pulling her along. She felt like she could breathe. She felt interested in life, again.

"This place is so nice... what were you up to when you found it?"

Metztli
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Filippa Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:27 pm

“You like it, you like it?” Filippa bounced with excitement and followed the pull of her Captain.

“I wasn’t sure if you were the sort of to like flowers- do most Runan people like flowers- but I just knew I had to show it to you. I was just poking around with Fido, looking for villains.” She blushed “I was actually looking for those baddies who hurt you! But, show me, show me your favorite!”

Filippa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metztli Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:34 pm

Metztli laughed quietly to herself. "I mean, I don't know anyone who dislikes flowers! I like them better here than dying in a vase somewhere, though." She bent to point at a bright orange flower. "I like these bright ones here."

The second part of Filippa's sentence hit her suddenly and she frowned, looking up at Filippa with concern. "Didn't I tell you not to look into them anymore? It's too dangerous. I can't have you get hurt on my account, not when there is someone else who is going to provide me with a lot more information soon anyway." I will not have her dragged needlessly into an underground war. She sat in the grass and tugged Filippa's hand, inviting her to sit with her.

Metztli
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Filippa Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:34 pm

Filippa sat down next to Metztli, just close enough so that their legs brushed against each other. She looked around the flowers, the way they brightened up an otherwise dangerous and ominous forest.
“I know, I just was looking a little bit, nothing specific- well, for trails, scents. I just want to be sure I didn’t miss anything.”
She sighed, and for a moment, her smile disappeared.
“You’re right though, I’m sure that this other mages guild fellow will be much more useful than I. I mean, they have probably been keeping track of these sorts of things for ages! I’m probably a pretty bad choice in comparison.”
She plucked a vibrant little yellow flower from the ground and tucked it behind Metztli’s ear before letting her hand fall and cradle her cheek.
“It’s just, I want to help you.”

Filippa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metztli Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:45 pm

Metztli reached up and held Filippa's hand to her cheek. Such a small hand, soft against her skin. She made eye contact, serious. "This other mages guild fellow is the Archmage. A dragonkin. He knows more because he has been targeted for years - once he gets me the information he is willing to give me, then perhaps I'll put you back on the trail." She drew Filippa's hand around to her lips and kissed the fingers softly. "I don't want you getting hurt, or killed, for information I may be soon to get anyway. Plus," she continued, her brow furrowing more. "The Archmage is very careful on this subject - it took him months before he answered me, and when he did, it was a painful vetting process. He has huge amounts of resources at his disposal. He probably has a few red herring tracks set out for Terra's various spies, traps laid for any who get too close." She looked away, down at the flowers brushing their legs. "Not only could you be killed for traipsing too close to the target, you could be killed for getting too close to the Archmage. He hasn't survived this long by being sloppy."

Metztli dragged a smile back out onto her face. "A-anyway, you're not allowed to die, especially not because of me." Will you lighten up? she chastised herself. Way to make this depressing from the get-go.

Last edited by Metztli on Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

Metztli
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Filippa Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:39 am

But Filippa didn’t seem to care much about the mood- she was too occupied blushing at the touch of Metztli’s lips against her hand.
“Okay, if you insist, “ she mumbled. “I suppose I can find other ways to be of use for you.” She blushed harder and scooted closer to her captain.
“I’m glad you like flowers. I was worried you would think of them as pointless.” She smiled. “Sorina, a couple of cousins, and I used go out one morning every spring and see who could gather up the BIGGEST bouquet for our matriarch- I’m talking huge, like enough to fill a basket or two. I never won, but I’m pretty sure everyone else was cheating and buying some of theirs from the market, those liars. I did grab a glade lily once though and put it in- my father was so sad, saddest I think I’d ever seen him, for ripping it out of the ground all wrong.” She paused, then added: “The Great Suck-Up day, I believe that’s what Sorina referred to it as.”

Filippa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metztli Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:00 pm

Metztli looked away and flushed hard. You bet I can find other "uses" for you. The feel of Filippa's leg against hers was so comforting, and alluring.

She blinked a few times, bringing herself back to the moment, and laughed. "That's a good name for it! And you're the most honest of your family, then!" She quirked a grin at Filippa. "Not what I would expect from a Legati but with how bad you are at lying..." She started to massage Filippa's hand gently, working her fingers into the pad of her thumb. "As for flowers, well, they don't really have a point, do they? They're just decoration. I mean, when they're left in the ground, or used to make something, there they're useful. But just to look at?" She shook her head. "Never saw the point. In Runa, most of our decoration has a function. Beautiful channels funneling water away from buildings. Roof gardens to grow food for the inhabitants. Interestingly enough, the redarians you make." She shook her wrist so the tone jangled. "Beauty and utility."

Metztli
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Filippa Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:32 pm

Filippa put a finger up to her lip. “So, wait, you don’t think that something being pretty is useful? I feel like something that’s beautiful IS useful for, you know, being beautiful! I don’t know, does that make sense? If something is beautiful and feels good to be around, why isn’t that enough?”
She pressed against Metztli and laid her head on her shoulder. “I mean, look at these flowers- I don’t think they need to do anything else besides be here for us to share and appreciate together, don’t you?”

Filippa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metztli Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:12 pm

Metztli sighed and leaned back, looking up at the sky, trying to figure out her thoughts. "I don't think that beauty for the sake of beauty is inherently useful. Like... an art gallery holds little appeal to me, aesthetically, but does hold appeal for the collection of history it holds. Flowers are not useful in their beauty, but they do provide food for bees, which then can be used for honey. Although," she smiled and slid a glance over to Filippa. "I suppose in this instance they are useful in their beauty, as in they are something you like enough to bring me to and to talk about. They are useful as a date spot." She blushed a little. "I'm sorry. I don't mean to sound callous." How very boring you are. How does she like you? "Do they need to do anything else besides be here? No, and it's not like I would destroy them due to their lack of utility, but they're just... flowers." She kicked herself mentally again. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry. I didn't mean for that to sound bad, or like I'm diminishing them. I really do like looking at them, being here with you and seeing how bright you are with them all around you." She reached out and picked a tiny purple daisy and placed it in Filippa's hair, just above her ear, curving her neck down to plant a gentle kiss on the little Legati's head. Great, now you've insulted the very thing she wanted you to see. Great. Good job, idiot.

Metztli
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Filippa Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:24 pm

Filippa smiled at the kiss, but it quickly faded into a neutral expression. She sat thinking for a moment. What does it mean for someone to not like beautiful things? She knew that Metztli wasn't one for frills and sparkles- which was fine, everyone has different tastes- but to not find anything beautiful? What did that mean? Did everything need a use?
With a sigh, she flopped backwards into the flowers. Her hand checked by her ear- luckily, the little purple blossom was still there. She felt defeated- everything she did to please this girl and everything she tried to share her excitement about, everything seemed to not work.
"Maybe this wasn't the best spot then. Do you want to leave?"

Filippa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metztli Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:16 pm

Metztli's happiness crumpled inside her. You made her sad. You colossal idiot. Her face twitched with the effort of keeping it even. "No, Filippa, I--" She looked down at the girl, surrounded by flowers. "No, this place is beautiful. And I don't... I..." she stammered, upset. "You are beautiful and this place makes you happy and anything that makes you happy makes me happy. I'm sorry I'm so... boring." Her voice tightened. "I like it here. It's so... serene. It's safe. And you are here, and I'm here, and we aren't being bothered, and the flowers are really nice. Really." She looked away, miserable. "I'm sorry." You'd deserve it if she left.

Metztli
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Filippa Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:33 pm

Filippa closed her eye and sighed again. She could tell Metztli was gettin upset- but what to do? She wasn't quite sure how to make her feel better- what ever pleased her?

"It's okay, Captain, really. You don't have to apologize!" She blindly patted at Metztli's leg. "You don't have to like flowers or pretty things. I like them, but different people like different things. I promise. It's just- I don't know what you like. I mean, I just want to do something with you that YOU like. " she peeked at her and looked up, pleadingly. " It's just, what do you think is fun?"

Last edited by Filippa on Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Filippa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Filippa Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:34 pm

"And I DONT think you are boring! Just.... Confusing." She added.

Filippa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metztli Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:00 pm

Metztli smiled wryly. "I like doing anything with you. Really." She frowned again. "That's a bad answer, but it's true. What do I like...?" Think. Stop getting distracted by her hand on your leg. Stop getting distracted by her lips. Her hair. Her neck. "Stargazing is nice. Sitting on the bridge is nice. Um." She reached out and pet Filippa's hand. "I just like doing things with you. I like seeing your face bright and happy." If I was honest, I don't remember the last time I liked something for myself. But that's kind of a terrible conversation.

Last edited by Metztli on Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Metztli
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Filippa Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:13 pm

Filippa scowled, but the rest of her body language seemed content. She couldn't hide how the petting made her relax and sink into the grass or how it made her face blush beet red , but she couldn't wipe the confusion off her face either.
"But what do YOU like? What did you like before me? I want to see you like that too- all bright and happy and excited!"

Filippa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metztli Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:48 pm

Metztli watched the flush creep up Filippa' s cheeks. Well, okay, she asked. "I don't remember what I liked," she said, simply. "The last time I was excited about life was when I discovered Taka. And then she rebuffed me and then she died and then the war happened and I worked forever and then they told me to leave because I was messing up too much. And now I am here. And being around you is the first happiness I have felt since I can remember." Her voice was a little shaky. "I used to like things, I think. I liked battle. I liked going to the bar. I liked being with my friends and making bawdy jokes. I liked to draw. But I haven't felt happy about any of that in years. I don't remember happiness for myself." She shook her head. "I'm sorry. I don't want pity, I'm not telling you this so you feel bad about me. I'm just being honest. I'm trying to work through this and I'm extremely happy around you so I can't think of other stuff easily."

Metztli
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Filippa Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:15 pm

"Oh-"
Filippa froze. Too heavy, too serious. These were the things she'd told herself she was bad at dealing with since, well, forever. She wasn't much good for comforting or thinking deeply or being empathetic, she said in her head. She'll just make a mess of things. But, but it's Metztli!

She could just run off- surely no one would be able to find her once she was out of town. It'd be easy to get into contact with the family, get them out of Whitewood to follow her once she'd gone. Honestly, she could probably even fake their deaths - simple work, really. But then again, it is Metztli!!
She thought of all the various escape scenarios that her mind could muster in 30 seconds. But each one involved a very sad, very alone Metztli, sitting in the Rook and Sparrow or passed out in the eleven spirits or laying where the caravan would used to have been parked or dead somewhere. That just wasn't an option.

Filippa inhaled sharply and say up so that she could lean against her captain. She tried not to appear as scared as she felt, but it was so hard to hide around people she knew.

She kissed her cheek as soft as she could and said all she could think of.
"Well, I think, do you think maybe we could find out what you like- together, then? As a team?"

Filippa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metztli Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:16 pm

Metztli felt a surge of gratitude rush through her. "I-- that would be nice." Tears welled up in her eyes and she blinked, trying to keep them at bay. She had been floundering without support since Pry had gone, since Radcliffe had stopped answering her.

She could feel Filippa's nerves jittering against her consciousness. She turned to make eye contact, her expression serious. "Thank you, Filippa. This means a lot. I'm messed up right now, I know that, and it really is on me to fix myself, but..." she softened, a desperate sadness hiding behind her eyes. "It's easier with help. With a partner."

Metztli
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Filippa Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:11 pm

Filippa smiled and snuggled into her shoulder. It was calming. "Of course!" She breathed in heavily as she pressed her face into Metztli--her smell and warmth was simply mesmerizing.
"I think everything is easier with a partner. I can't imagine doing anything alone- let alone with everything that has happened to you so recently." She kissed her shirt. "Maybe I can even teach you how to like flowers..."

Filippa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metztli Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:05 pm

Metztli let a grin sneak out onto her face. "Good luck! Maybe if you start an apiary." She picked another flower, a little yellow one, and wound it into Filippa's hair just above the purple one. She took a breath to steady her nerves. That had been a lot to say, and her fear of chasing Filippa away still weighed heavily on her mind, despite her Lieutenant's assurances. Well, at least it's out of the way now.

Metztli reached out and pet Filippa's arm, marveling at the heat. "Filippa, tell me about a moment when you felt most at home. Just a moment you hold in your mind, that you can look back on and say 'yes, that was good.'"

Metztli
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Filippa Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:38 pm

Filippa sat up and twisted her face in thought. "Hmmmmmm, a time I've felt at home? Let me think. When I was younger, I suppose this is weird, but my favorite time of day was always when it was time for me to go to bed. Just getting tucked in into my own blankets, where is was so nice and cozy and smelled like me- it just felt right. I loved how much my family traveled, don't get me wrong, but sleeping in my own bed pile was just such a perfect place to return to at the end of the day." She blushed. "I'm really particular about my bed actually- you're lucky I let you sit on it. But, as for more recent moments that have made me feel at home, it would have to be either going fishing with my brothers and sister or working at the bar last moon- I just love talking to people and seeing how their day is going! What about you, Captain?"

Filippa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metztli Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:56 pm

Metztli felt a little surge of happiness remembering the times she had been on Filippa's warm bed. "That does sound nice - I remember getting tucked in, too, when I was a kid, listening to the jungle come alive around the village as night rolled in." She drew her knees up to her chest and picked at the grass, thinking. "Back in Runa, I had my own room next to Governor-General Radcliffe's, and lots of times she and I would stay up late, talking after a long day. We'd have a drink, and chat for some time, and then I'd go to my room just off of hers and it would be dark and quiet. You'd probably think it was sparse, but I like sparse. It's comforting. I'd hear her going to bed, and sometimes I'd lay there in the dark and hear a snore or two from the other room, and it was just so vulnerable and calm, I felt safe." She paused, tearing a blade of grass into small pieces. "Hopefully I can get that feel again, here in Whitewood, but it is so chaotic here it is difficult to find a moment."

Metztli
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum